Monday, August 17, 2009

Pairings: Back to the Garden... and Water

Saint Verde Digest is a fascinating blog I stumbled across today with images that generally pair 2 distinctly different subjects for an interesting visual impact. This is the concept of South African based Neville Trickett for his blog and I wanted to share glimpses from several August posts here with you so you can view them in more detail. In this Garden series he has paired plant images from his own garden (impressive) with illustrations by Christian Montenegro from his book The Creation. Have a wander at Saint Verde Digest...you will be amazed!

.
From the Water Final Post: Thursday August 6th


and from the earlier post Water Part 4: August 5, 09



4 comments:

Chrissy Foreman C said...

Oh, isn't this concept divine!!! I love how art mimicks nature ~ very close to my heart. Thanks for sharing this find Soph ~ it's a real gem!!!!! ~ gotta go ~ off to the website for a looksy myself!

Sophie Munns said...

It was crying out to be shared Chrissy!
Hope your weekend retreat was truly reinvigorating...
see you soon!

nevin said...

Art = Nature

And this is fantastic..

Sophie, Thank you so much for your words , they are very special..

love

nevinx

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks for the lovely comments Nevin! I wrote to Neville and he was glad to be posted here! His blog is very fascinating.

And I did so love your post about the Adelaide show. I had a wonderful trip to Turkey - such a long time ago now...but it is interesting to appreciate the particular atmosphere, or should I say sensibility, that lives in your work. It brought something back to me...an almost forgotten something!

Sophie xx