Sunday, January 24, 2010

on the road...

....this is a very quick attempt to leave a message from a internet cafe in the wonderful coastal city of Nelson on the South Island of New Zealand...
In 5 days I have experienced every kind of weather except snow... that could still yet be possible though as I'm over here for another 8 days!
The ferry crossing between north and south islands  2 days ago in howling wind and rain robbed all my hopes for one of those idealic voyages when there is spectacular scenery all around to be engrossed in!
No...instead I was trying to keep my club chair in the bar from sliding across the room and then of course the inevitable dash for the white bag just in the nick of time and a new location in a quiet room where the waves could not be observed crashing over this huge vessell!
Have taken lots of photos and enjoyed some great art, sights and such. Time to get moving now. Wish I could have managed some images...this is a spectacular country...have never posted without images before...
bye for now! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the rest of your trip! Looking forward to seeing the pics on your return!
Still stinking hot in Bris :-)

Caterina Giglio said...

good to know you are safe and having fun. I have had ferry trips like that and it is unsettling. cannot wait to see your photos... have fun! ciao, bella!

Sophie Munns said...

Thankyou Karen (dragon fly!)!

I am just back from NZ this afternoon and luckily have arrived on the first cool day in 2 weeks I think?

We needed coats in Christchurch this morning and so its been a lovely cool break! lots of photos soon as I can organise it!
see you,
S

Sophie Munns said...

Hello La Dolce Vita!
I kept meeting others with similar tales of the rough ferry crossing... one can laugh now!
Lovely , lovely trip!
Beautiful country and a peaceful journey through winding roads and wonderful vistas and so many charming places.
Oh dear... the shock of waiting mail, emails, calls and such to respond to here at home. Time to roll up the sleeves again. Thanks for the lovely message!
Bella La DV!
S