Friday, March 26, 2010

playing with fire and water


IMG_7244
above: autumn pudding - parsnip vanilla pudding, butternut squash, autumn berry, kaffir lime gelee, candied pumpkin

Somehow tonight I ended up here at playing with fire and water. If curious take a look... You''ll find the story behind this autumn pudding.

below: egg dandelion onion - april 17 2009

Dandelion

Egg dandelion

turbot  broccolini cauliflower
IMG_8250

I was intrigued. On several accounts its not my particular scene. I'm much more interested in a rustic and not too fussed over version of food for the everyday - yes - interested in slow food principles, organics and definitely cooking from scratch! I did find this blog a departure into a fascinating alternative universe with some references to the issue of biodiversity, as in this post on citrus below which got my genuine interest:

Citrus1

This citrus is from a citrus enthusiast who is growing over 300 rare species not for commerce. Read about that when you click above on post on citrus. Such an enterprise as that is indeed a worthwhile one when we are losing our heritage of seeds and plants at an alarming rate.

4 comments:

virginia said...

I love this new look! I received the same e-mail, but haven't played, yet.

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Virginia,
thanks for the great comment... I should like to see what you might do with the extra choices now available!
I ummed and ahhed a lot ...but took the plunge anyway!
And i guess on can change ones mind yet again...
best,
S

em said...

what a great post! great find! and i love the poster too! i may have to make the autumn pudding, and sent the link to my dau, who will be interested, i'm sure! will you try it?

Sophie Munns said...

Thanks Em!
It was an amazing blog to trawl through. Lots of very good knowledge of ingredients and the citrus story I thought was really important for a foodie/chef to be referring to.
The colours and artfulness of the blog posts were excellent and I hope if you or daughter make this pudding you will photgraph it and send me an image!
This cooking to me is what happens when garden meets art meets science!
Lots of skills coming together in this kitchen!
I would love to find sometone to try it and invite me for dinner...is that naughty of me to say!
I'm diverting all creativity into the studio of late...so much painting happening and things being oranised!
have a great week Em!
S