Wednesday, April 13, 2011

OK... so who's curious?

ohscience:

bacteria colony
what is this?
... if you go over to the homage blog today and look here you can see some wonderful images from the micro-world....and here for related images. My last two posts feature things found via Seed Capsules tumblr... like these ones which a quick visit will reveal more on!!!


geneticist:

This is the first sketch of the DNA double helix, drawn by Francis Crick. Read the article here
whatever could this be?

amy-119:

It’s slightly disturbing how much I like microbiology. I mean, look at all the petri dishes! So cool! /nerdery
and this




Lovely day for a bike ride I think... better run!

10 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

oh these are fabulous! just planted my indigo seeds.

Sophie Munns said...

thank you Velma!
Love indigo ... and that you are doing the entire process ...any photos?

mansuetude said...

Beautiful S. !
Nature is incredible

Sophie Munns said...

Lovely to visit your blog M...thanks for this..
S

KatrinaRecycled said...

Loving the circles and the patterns whatever is growing in them is making. So disturbingly pretty for what I imagine is some disgusting bacterias?

Sophie Munns said...

Yes... thats pretty well right Katrina.. aren't they amazing though?
Hope you are going really well... juggling but creating when you can!
S x

Velma Bolyard said...

i may post some photos on my blog, but haven't taken any, yet.

Sophie Munns said...

Shall watch out for them Velma...
thanks,
S

nathalie et cetera said...

this reminds me of my evolutionary morphology of plants class. it was on Friday, just before lunch and the professor used to end the class by showing us slides of plant histology. We would all go "wooooo", "aaaahhhh", "Wow". She thought we were kidding but no, it was sooo beautiful! love the petri dishes but looking at them, i feel a little case of asthma hitting my lungs :)

Sophie Munns said...

Hi Nathalie,
I'd love to do a course like that at the moment!
Mmm ...the asthma thing is not good...but yes ..aren't they amazing!
great to hear form you...
ciao,
S